Economist hit on Naomi Klein

Jeet Heer jeet at sturdynet.com
Fri Nov 8 09:33:56 PST 2002

Doug wrote:
> I'm guessing the piece was written by the Economist reporter Naomi
> debated in New York in September, Sameena Ahmad. Ahmad positively
> vibrated with contempt for Naomi - among other things, she seemed
> jealous of her fame. Ha. The Economist sucks anyway.

Interesting. Why do you think the Economist sucks? It has a reputation, like the Wall Street Journal's news section, for being a great publication that reports honestly on how capitalism really works. Is this over-inflated? I've personally never found it to be that great, and am curious why it enjoys its high repute.