hey perrin, did you pen the editorial in todays's Daily News?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Nov 8 11:57:18 PST 2002

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> The US government today ... can only wage war in
> response to "the social breakdown, disorder, and floating
> populations" in the Middle East, Central Asia, and elsewhere.

I think the time has come to ignore the LBO-Talk supporters of imperialism and take for granted that we must oppose the War on Terrorism. U.S. out of everywhere should be our point of departure, not a thesis to be argued. Let's turn discussion of how to build towards a movement that will embody that slogan, at least in practice.

More importantly, perhaps, for such domain of mere talk as a maillist, let's assume that such a movement begins to grow and discuss how, given that condition, we can operate inside it to prevent its absorption back into the DP, which has been the primary fate of all u.s. movements of the 20th century.

Carrol