O'Reilly: "I want to go to a gay bathhouse!"

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Sat Nov 9 10:44:07 PST 2002

That's the funniest thing I've read in a while. Why would O'Reilly want to go to gay bathhouse so badly? To get or give a hummer? I understand why he didn't but Savage really should have offered to take him to one. Was O'Reilly just messing with Savage? He is bonkers. --------- O'Reilly pounced: "I want to go to a gay bathhouse!" he barked. "I want to go to a gay bathhouse!" I was stunned. There I was sitting across the table from the darling of the American right, and he was shouting at me about wanting to go to a gay bathhouse. "If I want to pursue happiness in a gay bathhouse, Mr. Savage, and go to the bathhouse, OK, you can't stop me, according to your philosophy." I didn't know what to say. If Bill O'Reilly wanted to go to a gay bathhouse, who was I to tell him he shouldn't? "I want to go to a gay bathhouse! I want to go to a gay bathhouse!" I told O'Reilly that he was right, that my urge to close gay bathhouses was inconsistent with my do-whatever-feels-good positions on drugs and other sexual acts. "You win," I said, but really I was thinking, "Get me the hell away from this guy before he shouts 'I want to go to a gay bathhouse!' again!" Picturing real gay men in a gay bathhouse is revolting enough, but Bill O'Reilly in a gay bathhouse? That could put a gay guy off gay sex for the rest of his unnatural life.