A Reminder

Dddddd0814 at aol.com Dddddd0814 at aol.com
Sat Nov 9 17:41:32 PST 2002

Dennis writes: "I think al-Q must be fought on numerous fronts, though I don't agree with every tactic (as I've said in the case of torture in Cuba, which I oppose). But it is true that my support for taking out those who were taken out (identified not only by the evil CIA but by Yemeni officials, contacts and tribesmen on the ground) has aroused a tremendous amount of outrage, and I don't recall seeing the same last year around this time, until, of course, the Taliban were routed and al-Q sent packing. Then there was outrage. Of course I care about how the US wages war in the future. I oppose Bush's planned invasion of Iraq. Go look in the archives; it's all there. But with al-Q it's not going to be pretty or "neat," and one should be alert to every aspect of this fight, which is here, like it or not."

David: Well... what can I say. This guy certainly has a corner on the "evil" and "outrage" market...

Saw "Bowling for Columbine" today. Has anyone else seen it? What do folks think?

--d