Pelosi Win Not A Progressive Victory (by Stephen Zunes)

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Sun Nov 10 18:19:48 PST 2002

Nathan knows that Pelosi has not been a particularly progressive force in Bay Area politics. I don't think that anyone ways to take out their knives, but it is important to maintain a somewhat critical stance.

Also, Pelosi has to be further to the left than others because her base in in a progressive community. My gauge for politicians is the degree to which they are willing to go out in front of their community.

Pelosi wins not because of her politics. She is a prodigeous fund raiser.

Tel. 530-898-5321 E-Mail michael at ecst.csuchico.edu