how many rat hairs are acceptable?

H. Curtiss Leung hncl at panix.com
Sun Nov 10 19:45:30 PST 2002

Carrol wrote:

> Of course under any conceivable social structure or mode of production,
> past, present or future, an attempt to reduce such "defects" to zero
> would equal starvation. There never has been nor will be a wholly "pure"
> food supply (outside the laboratory anyhow).

But given that some contamination of the food supply is inevitable for any mode of production, given that the "subject" of our mode of production is capital itself and its purpose the accumulation thereof, don't you think that these limits were set with something besides (note I didn't write "else" there) people's health in mind? -- Curtiss, who despite this likes raw milk cheeses

PS. And of course, there's the question of whether or not these limits are even enforced....