free ride

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Mon Nov 11 14:34:44 PST 2002

>Ralph Nader also wrote:
>
>>Otherwise the Democrats will become even better at electing very
>>bad Republicans.
>
>So what's Ralph planning to do? Has he ever addressed how much
>liberals hate him now? Does it matter to him?
>
>Doug

In the two-party system in the USA, it is a given that voters -- decreasing proportions of the voting-age populations each election -- sway to and fro between DP and RP, with or without Nader or any other Third-Party candidates to the left of DP.

What the Greens should think about is not what liberal Dems still committed to DP feel about them, but how to mobilize the silent majority -- especially blacks and Latinos -- who don't vote and how to capitalize on angry Dems ready to give up on DP.

Nader has no charisma and showmanship, and he is finished electorally. How about Michael Moore for President, supported by the Greens and the Labor Party, on the platform of no war and universal health care? It will be fun, and if nothing else, we'll get a documentary out of that.

A black woman candidate would be better than Moore, but I can't think of anyone who has the same potential to attract enthusiastic volunteers as he does. Women love Moore, and he's a kind of white guy who can wow as many blacks and Latinos as Clinton did. -- Yoshie