free ride

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Mon Nov 11 14:55:47 PST 2002

>Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>
>>What the Greens should think about is not what liberal Dems still
>>committed to DP feel about them, but how to mobilize the silent
>>majority -- especially blacks and Latinos
>
>You've got to get pwoggie whites and unaffiliated/alienated whites
>in this mobilization or the numbers just don't add up.
>
>Doug

The silent majority that I mentioned above have many unaffiliated/alienated whites (anyone has the racial/ethnic breakdown of the silent majority?). As for pwoggie whites, those who think like Nathan will never come along; those who are angry and ready to give up on DP will, if given a chance. Nader didn't look like a chance to them, but a more charismatic candidate may. -- Yoshie