free ride

DoreneFC at aol.com DoreneFC at aol.com
Mon Nov 11 16:09:05 PST 2002

Speaking of repeating myths.....

Is there ANY state where Nader's votes sent the electors to the Republicans in the last election? Everything I have read suggested that they brought out enough NEW voters in several places to make big differences in some Senate races.

Florida is such as cesspool that it it doesn't count.

In WA, aggressive Green campaigning in liberal Seattle had two POSITIVE effects that I can see:

--The Greens brought out a whole bunch of NEW voters who helped elect Maria Cantwell and tip the Senate closer to Democratic.

--The Green candidate's winning 15% of the vote in the 7th Congressional District is PROBABLY one factor in Dem. Congr. Jim McDermott displaying SOMEWHAT more backbone about for instance voting against the war.

I think Ralph Nader would be a terrible president, and I was not super crazy about local Green Congressional candidate, but I think people who complain about Nader and the Greens costing the Demos.... are whiners!

DoreneC -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20021111/c2243c16/attachment.htm>