free ride

budge budge at el-pleasant.org
Tue Nov 12 09:06:29 PST 2002

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002 at 10:35am Nathan Newman wrote:

> Either the Greens justify long-term political gains from
> throwing the election to Bush or they aren't making
> serious arguments. Since the only power of third
> parties is the threat to play spoiler, they have to
> justify the gains from pulling the trigger on that
> threat, as Nader did in 2000.

but this is a completely disingenuous argument on your part, as you claimed the other day that the greens were already a failure because of the fact that they haven't made 'significant' inroads yet.

no amount of democrat spin will change the fact that gore couldn't even carry his own state (where he moved his campaign headquarters with great fanfare!) and that his strategy in post-election fla was pathetic.

i'm not surprised you clipped the rest of my post as i think you are intelligent enough to realize that gore really fucked up by shutting up the activists in fla. yeah, align your movement (labor, civil rights, etc...) with the demos and watch them treat you like a redheaded stepchild when they don't think they need you because they can fix everything in a gentlemanly fashion.

-- no Onan