David Corn: troubling origins of the anti-war movement

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Nov 12 14:35:28 PST 2002

Ian Murray wrote:
> [CLIP]
>
> "Hitler ordered the deaths of millions but that doesn't mean he was an evil
> person." I think we can see the problems in those kinds of judgements.

I don't see the worth of the proposition. What is needed is agreement that Nazi Germany needs to be opposed. What is needed now is agreement that Bush's foreign policy has to be opposed. Judgments that Hitler was or Bush is evil (or stupid or whatever) seem really beside the point.

Carrol

P.S. Ian has much more to say in this post, but I just got computer service back after about 40 hours of outage and am just browsing through the collected posts.