Anarchism Defined? (was Re: Village Voice: Abandon Democrats and join the anarchists)

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Tue Nov 12 20:20:26 PST 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian O. Sheppard x349393" <bsheppard at bari.iww.org>
>It's from our favorite hippies at the crimethinc collective, producers of
>"inspiring," "motivational," and "poetic" lit that seem to
>incorporate design sensibilities from Jehovah's Witness lit, bringing a
>new dimension of emo to anarchist pamphleteering.

Wow-- what a compliment.

One of the best pamphlets critizing global inequality and neoliberal economics was a Jehovah's Witness pamphlet. Until the last page or so with the "seek God" payoff, it could have been produced by one of our leftwing outfits, if they had the skill. It was atttractive, accessible and had a print run of something like 25 million copies worldwide.

We could learn a lot from the Jehovah Witnesses. And they sure do the door knocking I think the left should do more of.

-- Nathan Newman