"a lot of world to subjugate" (from www.maxspeak.org)

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Wed Nov 13 09:46:58 PST 2002

Max:

> As for the success of the Allies in Afghanistan (which I,
> like many others, underestimated), that story has many
> chapters yet to unfold.

Three things are different this time. First, the Afghan population is much less gung ho to fight after twnty or so years of war and occupation. Second, their ample supply of weapons, courtesy of the US taxpayer, is no longer available. Third, the allied forces do not control much of the Afghan territory, they are confinded mainly to Kabul.

Wojtek