In the Penal Colony Re: Is it sex? Or is it memorex? (Re: sex and the left)

Catherine Driscoll catherine.driscoll at adelaide.edu.au
Thu Nov 14 09:36:58 PST 2002

Quoting Yoshie Furuhashi <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu>:

> At 1:53 AM +1030 11/15/02, Catherine Driscoll wrote:
> >and yes, yes, damnit i am marking the essays, i understand the marks
> >are supposed to be in tomorrow
>
> . . . .
> (Franz Kafka, "In the Penal Colony" [written in 1914, first published
> in 1919], Trans. Willa and Edwin Muir) *****
>
> Cf. John Frow, "In the Penal Colony," _Australian Humanities Review_
> April-June 1999,
> <http://www.lib.latrobe.edu.au/AHR/archive/Issue-April-1999/frow3.html>

Yes. But, well, John would have neglected to infer my fucking about with wine, sushi, diverse bodily fluids, and a 150,000 words on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, rather than marking for oh now a month or so.

If there's scarification, or even torture, I've clearly been chasing it for a while.

I still think she's really an Aries.

Catherine