Lerner: condemn Palestinian terror

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Thu Nov 14 09:39:27 PST 2002

My recollection of Lerner from Berkeley is not very positive. I never spoke with him, so I cannot refer to anything but his public figure. He would address the students telling them that this or that event was the most important issue. The students would demonstrate. Some would get arrested or beaten up.

Then a few days later, he would appear give a similar talk about a very different issue. Get the students whipped up without ever relating what just happened to the issue at hand.

I always thought that shunting demonstrators from issue to issue without ever providing a context led to more leftist burnout than anything else. Lerner always seemed to be the worst.

I don't recall ever seeing him when things got rough.

Tel. 530-898-5321 E-Mail michael at ecst.csuchico.edu