David Corn: troubling origins of the anti-war movement

JBrown72073 at cs.com JBrown72073 at cs.com
Thu Nov 14 10:00:38 PST 2002

In a message dated 11/13/02 3:58:56 PM, owner-lbo-talk-digest at lists.panix.com writes:

>Now Jenny seems to want workers who are
>struggling even for the right to legally organize to do her shit-work of
>convincing her neighbors and her bosses. Well, you know what, Jenny? Fuck
>it. Workers, women, and people of color don't owe you any explanation for
their
>oppression, let alone your alienation. Get your own hands dirty and figure
>your own personal shit out for yourself.
>
>Best,
>David

Damn, take your eyes off this list for a minute and you get cooked! David, fellow worker, fellow human in the existing struggle to be, in case it's escaped your attention, I am a woman and a worker--at least they pretend to pay me. I've spent a good part of my life trying to develop an explanation of my oppression as a woman, I was actually thinking we might compare notes based on the shitwork we've both done on the worker part (I'm assuming you're not a woman). I agree that it's very hard work to figure this stuff out. It's harder alone, like most things. Fortunately there are a lot of people I compare notes with who aren't so miserly with their experiences and who don't take comrades for enemies and make the worst assumptions about people based on slim data. I hope you, too, don't feel you have to figure it out alone.

Jenny Brown