Lerner: condemn Palestinian terror

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Thu Nov 14 17:00:24 PST 2002

At 05:56 PM 11/14/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>My recollection of Lerner from Berkeley is not very positive. I never
>spoke with him, so I cannot refer to anything but his public figure. He
>would address the students telling them that this or that event was the
>most important issue. The students would demonstrate. Some would get
>arrested or beaten up.

I saw him about a year ago at a local unitarian church, debating with a Palestinian representative. Lerner actually said that the Jews moving into Palestine was like blacks moving into the white parts of a city. He really, really, really said that.

There's also no question that the guy is literally putting his life on the line through his public opposition to the current Israeli regime.

So, although personally he's somewhat repulsive, he is showing some guts.

Joanna