Lerner: condemn Palestinian terror

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Thu Nov 14 18:22:51 PST 2002

I don't recall ever seeing him when things got rough.

-- Michael Perelman Economics Department

You don't remember the Seattle 8 case , eh?

Some way over the top, as usual, Horowitz on Lerner, http://www.theamericanenterprise.org/taemj97s.htm
>..."Fascism is coming," Hayden announced on a visit to our Ramparts offices.
"By the end of the year they’re going to put us all in jail." About this time, Michael Lerner suggested I should buy a gun. "Michael," I said in disbelief, "The people aren’t with us. You couldn’t even describe a scenario in which there was a shoot-out with the police that we could win." Hardly pausing, he said, "Then you have to buy a hand gun and give it to someone else for use in assassinations."

On election eve the year before, the Peace and Freedom Party had nominated Eldridge Cleaver and Jerry Rubin for its presidential ticket. They held a "Pre-Erection Day" (sic) celebration in the Berkeley Community Theater, and Rubin came on stage wheeling a live pig in a shopping cart. This was "Pigasus," the Yippie mascot, he informed the crowd. Then he announced he was turning over his vice- presidential spot on the ticket to the pig, and lit up a joint. Eldridge took the microphone and began a rant in which he said the Left had to unite with the Machine Gun Kellys and John Dillingers of the world. He talked about "p*ssy power" and said that he would kill San Francisco Mayor Alioto and his children and grandchildren...

Like David Hilliard ranting about killing Nixon at a rally in Golden Gate Park. eh?

Michael Pugliese http://www.ellsberg.net/audiovideo.htm

Berman quotes Nixon: 'I'm not worried about bombing pauses. I'm we're gonna take out...the power plants, we're gonna take out Haiphong, we're gonna...level that goddamn country!"