Now do you feel safe?

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 15 08:17:02 PST 2002

>From: joanna bujes <joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com>
>
> Bill Berkowitz
>WorkingForChange
>
>Hellzapoppin' at the Pentagon
>Rumsfeld's Defense Science Board proposes 'prodding' terrorists to
>terrorism
>
>A new Pentagon strategy aimed at luring terrorists into committing acts of
>terrorism has been recommended to Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld by
>the Defense Science Board (DSB. ...

Ah, those tireless merry pranksters at the Pentagon! Thought I'd share this nugget concerning Rudyard Kipling's view of the US from a Kipling bio I'm reading: "In his autobiography Kipling admitted he 'never got over the wonder of a people [Americans] who, having extirpated the aboriginals of their continent more completely than any modern race had ever done, honestly believed they were a godly little New England community, setting examples to brutal mankind.'" BTW, my impression from what I've read in this bio so far is that Christopher Hitchens is now somewhat to the right of Rudyard Kipling.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN 8. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail