FW: next Absurd Response: 11/29 roving bake sale

Liza Featherstone lfeather32 at erols.com
Fri Nov 15 09:50:04 PST 2002

for New Yorkers...

---------- From: "L.A. Kauffman" <laklak at erols.com> Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 12:18:20 -0500 To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;> Subject: next Absurd Response: 11/29 roving bake sale

forward freely, and you'll get a cookie.....

An Absurd Response to an Absurd War invites YOU to a *Procession for Perma-War* and *Roving Bake Sale for the Military*

date: 11.29 (aka "Buy Nothing Day") time: 4-6 pm place: Union Square, meet on south steps

We're buttering the cookie sheets in the name of good old-fashioned American war!

Sure, a few anti-patriotic ne'er-do-wells consider the day after Thanksgiving to be "Buy Nothing Day." http://www.adbusters.org/campaigns/bnd/

But the Bombshells in Beehives are doing our civic duty. Our next Procession for Perma-War will be a Roving Bake Sale for the Military.

We'll have dozens of our delicious gingerbread bombs on hand (don't worry-- none of that vegan crap). Plus sparkly silver "Jingle Bombs" and fabulous pro-war carols to help kick off the holiday season.

Please bring: --aprons --oven mitts --cookie sheets --your fabulous beehived and top-hatted selves

Dress festive! RSVP to info at absurdresponse.com so we know how many signs and Jingle Bombs we'll need.

www.absurdresponse.com

Our alter ego is **MOBILIZE NEW YORK** a concise weekly menu of options for action against the Iraq War.