USG confirm activist "no-fly" list

Matt lbo at beyondzero.net
Fri Nov 15 11:21:39 PST 2002

On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 11:23:37AM -0500, Doug Henwood wrote:
> I wonder - is the USG stupid enough to think that lawyers from the
> Center for Constitutional Rights are going to blow up airplanes, or
> is it just a way of harassing dissenters? My guess is the latter, but
> when you think back on declassified docs from the Red Scare days, you
> gotta wonder.

In a related topic, profiling and computer screening of passengers is shown to be WORSE than randomly searching people:

http://www.swiss.ai.mit.edu/6805/student-papers/spring02-papers/caps.htm

Matt

-- PGP RSA Key ID: 0x1F6A4471 aim: beyondzero123 PGP DH/DSS Key ID: 0xAFF35DF2 icq: 120941588

yahoo msg: beyondzero123 The technology that extends our senses is increasingly difficult to distinguish from the technology that creates our senses.

-Richard Thieme