Oilagarchy

Ian Murray seamus2001 at attbi.com
Fri Nov 15 15:13:37 PST 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: <DoreneFC at aol.com>

> How do you square "keeping the princely protection rackets in power" with
> some of the most rabidly regime-changing Bushies' sense of triumphalism
about
> war in Iraq possibly changing regimes all over the Middle East????
>
> DoreneC

They're pulling a Machiavelli on Wilsonian Dems.? Inexorably there'll be changes to regimes; folks will eventually die, after all. The question is whether we'll see another iteration of the 'client states' paradigm that has been in place with varying degrees of success since the collapse of the Ottoman empire. Does anyone think there will be a peaceful mass secularization of the ME by, say, 2030 that would render Wolfowitz' neo-imperial ambitions futile?

Ian