Fwd: ENDORSE the Jan. 18-19 Mass Actions in DC

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Fri Nov 15 15:40:42 PST 2002

They understand that they have credibility problems, so they've put their endorser list first. They are trying to gain endorsements for their action so they can re-establish themselves as the center of the anti-war movement. Meanwhile, people are engaged in anti-war activism without ANSWER's help.

Chuck0

Doug Henwood wrote:
> [so what to make of this? there are plenty of non-WWP people here]
>
> X-From_: answer at action-mail.org Fri Nov 15 14:47:24 2002
> From: "A.N.S.W.E.R." <answer at action-mail.org>
> Subject: ENDORSE the Jan. 18-19 Mass Actions in DC
> To: info at internationalanswer.org
> Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 14:45:11 -0500
>
> NO WAR IN IRAQ
>
> Tens of thousands will converge in Washington DC
> January 18-19, 2003
> for a MASS DEMONSTRATION
> and the Convening of the GRASSROOTS PEACE CONGRESS
>
> THE INITIAL LIST OF ENDORSERS & INITIATORS OF THE JANUARY 18-19 ACTIONS
> INCLUDES:
> - A.N.S.W.E.R. Coalition
> - Ramsey Clark, former U.S. attorney general
> - New York City Labor Against the War
> - Dr. Hans Christof von Sponeck, former director of the UN Oil for Food
> Program
> - Rev. Graylan Hagler, Senior Minister, Plymouth Congregational Church
> - Rev. Herbert Daughtry, National Pastor, House of the Lord Pentecostal
> Church
> - Rev. John Dear
> - Patti Smith
> - National Lawyers Guild
> - Brenda Stokely, President, District Council 1707 AFSCME; Co-Convener,
> New York City Labor Against the War
> - IFCO/Pastors for Peace
> - Free Palestine Alliance
> - Partnership for Civil Justice - LDEF
> - Nicaragua Network
> - Muslim Student Association of the US/Canada
> - Korea Truth Commission
> - International Action Center
> - Kensington Welfare Rights Union
> - Middle East Children's Alliance
> - Bayan USA-International - Mexico Solidarity Network
> - Howard Zinn, Peoples' Historian
> - Michael Letwin, Co-Convener, New York City Labor Against the War
> - Michael Tarif Warren, attorney
> - Chuck Turner, City Councilor, Boston, MA
> - Ron Kovic, author (including "Born on the 4th of July")
> - Cleveland Peace Action
> - Committee in Support of the Iraqi People
> - Strategic Pastoral Action Network (SPAN)
> - Green Party USA
> - SALAAM -- South Asian League of Artists in America
> - Texas A&M University Campus Greens
> - Coalition for Peace and Justice, Charlotte, NC
> - Students Taking Opposition Peacefully
> - Sag Harbor Coalition Against the War
> - High Country Citizens for Peace and Justice
> - College Voice, College of Staten Island -- City University of New York
> (CSI/CUNY)
> - Terre Haute Stop War on Iraq
> - Student Voices for Peace, New Mexico State University
> - Alaska Action Center
> - Brown County Women's International League for Peace and Freedom
> - Yullah.com -- National Arab American Event Directory
> - Southwest Washington Institute for Peace and Social Justice
> - Central Vermont Coalition for PEACE
> - Vietnam Veterans Against The War Anti-Imperialist
> - Citizens for a Peaceful Response (CPR) Detroit
> [...]

-- Chuck0

------------------------------------------------------------ Personal homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/

AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)