Anti-Americanism may benefit Russia, nationalist politician says (Zhirinovsky)

ChrisD(RJ) chrisd at russiajournal.com
Sat Nov 16 04:02:14 PST 2002

BBC Monitoring Anti-Americanism may benefit Russia, nationalist politician says Source: Ekho Moskvy radio, Moscow, in Russian 1400 gmt 15 Nov 02

[Presenter] Russia can benefit from the existence of nuclear and bacteriological weapons in North Korea, Duma Deputy speaker Vladimir Zhirinovskiy has told our radio station.

[Zhirinovskiy] We will benefit from this. It is a grand scenario for the next 10 years. In addition to Iraq, there are the following countries in the US line-up: Saudi Arabia, Syria and Iran, for example. But this will end, and then it will be necessary to deal with China. And China is a reliable ally of North Korea. In order to prepare public opinion, this conflict in the Far East will be allowed to smoulder at times to make it possible, later, to strike against North Korea and accuse China of some things, and to gradually

start playing the yellow card. We have the green card now, but it should be balanced out by the yellow card so that the Muslims did not think that everything is against them. This scenario is to last for the next 100 years.

We will be fighting terrorism in the green zone, mainly in the Middle East, northern Africa and Asia, gradually moving towards China. This will be carried out in one key: the axis of evil, from North Korea to Libya, and Americans will be shooting down those countries from time to time. But we can benefit from all this because of these huge anti-American feelings all over the world, and Russia will look more peace-loving, so to speak. We will be neutral.