IDF Investigation on Hebron attack: Gunmen fired at security forces, not worshippers

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Sun Nov 17 12:46:39 PST 2002

On Sun, 17 Nov 2002, Bryan Atinsky wrote:

> I found this article from Ha'aretz interesting. It states about halfway
> throught the article that the Israeli army initial investigation states
> that the Islamic Jihad ambush was directed at the Israeli military
> forces and not the worshippers. Further, all one has to do is look at
> the list of dead (below) to see that only 2 of the dead were
> non-security settlers.

That's interesting. It's also a good argument that it's just too late for an outside the Green Line strategy to work anymore. If you've got no margin for error in Hebron, the least sympathized-with settlement of all time, you've no margin for error at all. And strikes like this will never be surgical.

Michael