bourgeois riot, DC branch

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Mon Nov 18 13:22:54 PST 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: "Todd Archer" <todda39 at hotmail.com>

Doug posted:
>KARENNA GORE: . . . And my whole attitude was, like, "We've got to fight
>back harder. And where are our crowds?" And my dad, I'll never forget his
>response. He said, "We have to do what's best for the country, and it is
>not good for the country to have this kind of divisiveness.
-Uh, Nathan, is this attitude prevalent among Dems: "Shhh! Let's not -disturb the country with divisiveness, kids."?

"Among Dems?"-- the folks in the streets were partisan Democrats, so no, there is no party line on this and most folks at the grassroots were pissed as hell that Gore was so wimpy. He's a child of the establishment and has all that belief in public service and the greater good. And he was up against hardball adversaries.

Frankly, it was the third party folks who didn't take the stealing of votes seriously after the 2000 election. It was partisan Democrats who were outraged. BTW I'll happily dig up the archives from LBO if people need convincing on this point. I was screaming about it from day one and a lot of folks here were pretty blase, dismissing it at first as merely irrelevant partisan games. And Nader didn't do crap during the whole month of battle.

So is it the party line of third party folks not to care when tens of thousands of African American votes are being stolen?

-- Nathan Newman