Nude Peace

Kevin Robert Dean qualiall at union.org.za
Mon Nov 18 14:39:29 PST 2002

Nude women spell P-E-A-C-E Naked protest Monday, November 18, 2002 Posted: 10:37 AM EST (1537 GMT)

POINT REYES STATION, California (AP) -- Concerned that war against Iraq is imminent, 50 women took off their clothes in the cold rain and lay end-to-end in the grass to spell out P-E-A-C-E.

The unusual protest was organized in just a few days by artist Donna Sheehan, 72, who wanted to convey the desperation she said women in particular feel about the coming military action.

"I just thought, what can I do? What can we do? It's a desperate feeling. Well, this is what I did," Sheehan said Friday. "And every other woman who was there felt like they were doing something for peace."

Full: http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/West/11/18/offbeat.nude.protest.ap/ --- Sent from UnionMail Service [http://mail.union.org.za]