Ban the Barbie

Nathan Newman nathanne at nathannewman.org
Tue Nov 19 09:39:37 PST 2002

A "C"- what a frigging outrage. Although a friend was maintaining last week that Xena beat Buffy on the feminist department. (I know not currently on television and probably more NOW-friendly on the violence scale).

-- Nathan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Liza Featherstone" <lfeather32 at erols.com> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2002 12:20 PM Subject: Re: Ban the Barbie

Yeah I agreed wholeheartedly with O'R: What kind of feminists would give Buffy a C? It's the most feminist show on TV. But the NOW president couldn't defend that because...she'd never watched the show! She'd also never watched "Friends", much to O'R's justified mirth. It's pretty silly to go on TV talking about popular TV shows if you've never watched "Friends."

Liza