Ban the Barbie

Liza Featherstone lfeather32 at erols.com
Tue Nov 19 12:13:01 PST 2002

I agree Friends is pretty interchangeable. Also bland and unremarkable. But you would only know that if you'd watched it. And Friends is so ubiquitously on TV that to have avoided watching it suggests you've barely ever watched television. Also, to never once have watched such a popular TV show reveals a profound lack of curiosity about what it is that most of your fellow humans are up to in their free time. Which kind of disqualifies you from talking about TV to a mass audience and makes you look like a laughingstock if you do. At least to those like myself who, to quote a friend of mine, "enjoy a laugh at the expense of others."

Liza