Corn transcript

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Tue Nov 19 18:58:59 PST 2002

At 4:33 PM -0500 11/19/02, Chuck0 wrote:
>Why should Susan Sarandon or some anti-war activist in Ohio have to
>find out about ANSWER being a front group for the WWP from watching
>the O'Reilly Show?

I don't think that many anti-war activists in Ohio or anywhere else regularly watch The O'Reilly Factor, but suppose they happened to hear on the show that the main organizers of ANSWER rallies are evil Reds who "want to overthrow the government and all that." They still wouldn't care. As for the _hard core_ of the O'Reilly audience, most likely they weren't surprised to hear that the Reds are running the biggest anti-war rallies either -- far from it, they _knew_ it all along! Besides, the hard core O'Reilly fans won't like any other leftist or even liberal anti-war group or coalition, like <http://www.unitedforpeace.org/>. So, over all, no harm done to anyone, except perhaps to Corn himself, who proved himself to be an exceedingly poor public speaker:

At 11:06 AM -0500 11/19/02, Doug Henwood wrote:
>O'REILLY: ... you know, they say 100,000 in Washington, I think it's
>more like 50,000, when 50,000 people come out with signs and the media
>is all over it, showing that they want peace, they're against the U.S.
>intrusion in Iraq, and this is run by, you know, or seeded by an
>organization that wants complete overthrow of this government and our
>system, and nobody says it up front, that's wrong. And I'd like...
>
>CORN: Well, I, I, I, I...
>
>O'REILLY: ... I, I, I invited...
>
>CORN: ... I, I, listen, listen, Bill...
-- Yoshie