Norm Coleman's interesting family situation

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Wed Nov 20 12:06:44 PST 2002

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Doug McGill wrote:

> Some Dems were . . . outraged by Coleman TV campaign ads . . . In one
> ad, his young teen daughter talked at length and very touchingly about
> what a great dad he was -- "he listens, and he does what he says he's
> going to do. Above all, he has a great heart."

None of which of course is incompatible with semi-consensual adultery.

> Personally, I thought Keillor's commentary was unecessary and damaging
> to liberals.

I completely agree. Bad enough we try to outdo conservatives as better budget cutters. Now we should make a stand that we're more absolutist about adultery?

I guess it's a sign of the distance from Minnesota to New York, but it never occurred to me from that quoted paragraph that this was about adultery. I assumed Keillor was saying Coleman was gay. I feel much better now that I don't have to cut him dead.

You Minnosotans are so cute. Here in New York we only get mad at our policians for adultery if they curse their spouses from the top of the courthouse. And then it's not for adultery but for being a mean bastard. And even then we forget.

Michael