Senate passes Homeland Security

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Thu Nov 21 14:21:21 PST 2002

> David:
> What is meant by burst asunder? Do you think it is possible,
> in the context
> of what you are calling "the juggernaut of corporate power",
> to replace the
> electoral college system with proportional representation
> nationally, without
> causing serious reactionary measures-- if not all out civil
> war-- from the
> bourgeoisie as it bursts asunder?

I am ambivalent on that. On the one hand, I am bracing for the worst in the years to come, as I do not see any force that will break the backbone of the corporate scum. But history is also full of surprises. When Paris fell in 1940, who would have predicted Stalingrad three years later?

BTW - I think that a civil war might not be such a bad thing in this country. As Stalin used to say, for some people 4 walls are three too many. Letting the royal heads roll has a powerful purgatory effect.

Wojtek