Contact Information, Etc. Re: Corn transcript

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Fri Nov 22 15:56:54 PST 2002

>positive things people are doing. Mentioning some of the problems does
>disqualify it from functioning as pure agitprop, but I can't say that
>bothers me. Not because I worry about credibility, just because I think
>there's already enough of that. But that is, I think, where our disagreement
>lies.
>
>Liza

I don't see why mentioning problems is considered "giving ammunition to the enemy," especially at this point where it hasn't seemed to put a dent in the activities of nutjobs like Clark Kissinger. There seems to be a whole spectrum against the war - i.e. Germany - and a whole spectrum for it or at least not against it. (Lynne Stewart seems a bit wacko too).

http://www.chicagoreader.com/listings/static/daily.html

23 SATURDAY Today's Repression and Resistance 2002 conference will address some ways that Americans can fight racial profiling, attacks on immigrants, the loss of privacy, and other threats to civil liberties. Keynote speakers are Clark Kissinger, Not in Our Name organizer and Refuse & Resist council member, and Michel Shehadeh, past president of the southern California chapter of the Arab-American Anti-Discrimination Committee and one of eight Los Angeles activists arrested in 1987 and threatened with deportation for their alleged affiliation with the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (he's now being reinvestigated under the USA PATRIOT Act). Also appearing is Lynne Stewart, defense attorney for Islamic cleric Omar Abdel Rahman, who was sentenced to life in prison for seditious conspiracy in conjunction with the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center. Stewart herself was indicted earlier this year on conspiracy charges. The conference runs from 9 to 6 at the Chicago-Kent College of Law, 565 W. Adams, Chicago. Registration is $10; call 312-939-0675 or E-mail nowarnorepression at yahoo.com. Stewart will speak Sunday, November 24, at a fund-raiser for her legal defense. It's from 1 to 4 at La Decima Musa restaurant, 1901 S. Loomis, Chicago; tickets cost between $25 and $100. Call 312-345-1704 for more information.