Bush says he and Putin are buds

DoreneFC at aol.com DoreneFC at aol.com
Sat Nov 23 00:53:37 PST 2002

In a message dated 11/23/02 12:15:14 AM Pacific Standard Time, chrisd at russiajournal.com writes:

> GEORGE BUSH SAYS VLADIMIR PUTIN IS ONE OF HIS CLOSEST FRIENDS
>
> PUSHKIN, LENINGRAD REGION, November 22 /from RIA Novosti's special
> correspondent/ - President George W. Bush believes Vladimir Putin to be one
> of his closest friends. The US leader said that Friday when addressing a
> news
> conference after talks with President Putin.

Let's see, in the statement you send, Putin refers to "Mr. President" and Bush refers to "Vladimir." Who is in charge of protocol? What lets that inequity slip through?

I have more than once seen Putin and Bush together with Putin looking like he's about to eat glass and Bush has his Alfred E. Neuman mug on. I think if they were real friends, equals, peers, Bush would at least get to refer to him by a nickname and I have not idea what Putin would get to do in return!

DoreneC -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20021123/e872c525/attachment.htm>