Food Booths and Porta Johns Re: Corn transcript

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sat Nov 23 14:09:13 PST 2002

>One of my good friends provided me with her insightful and concise
>review of the October 26th rally:
>
>"It was a boring picnic in the park without any food."
>
>Chuck0

Your friend's remark reminds me of another problem at the rally: the dearth of porta johns. A South Korean friend of mine, who brought her five-year-old son whom I mentioned in my previous post, spent half the rally getting hot dogs for her cranky son and then lining up to get him to a porta john.

Little mundane things like food booths and porta johns can make a world of difference in a big demo.

It occurs to me that if organizers aren't planning on any civil disobedience or militant direct action, they might as well hold an anti-war festival, with plenty of food venders and the like, rather than an anti-war rally. -- Yoshie