Bella Ciao

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sat Nov 23 22:59:00 PST 2002

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> Just as importantly, the film attempts to raise questions other than
> police violence during its 100 minutes, such as the possible effect of
> the demonstration on G8 decision-making and the likely implications for
> the Italian government of the way the whole fracas was handled. In this
> it is less successful than when it charts the actual events, such as the
> bloody evacuation of the school where many of the demonstrators were
> sleeping, and the dance of the rightwing "black blok" group who seemed
> determined to cause mayhem even when nothing very harmful was happening.

Oh, fucking great. A protest film that is really an anti-radical propaganda instrument.

Does the film say that the black bloc is "right wing," or is this just something the reviewer dreamed up?

It seems that the liberals in Europe have decided to be persistent with these lies about the black bloc in Genoa. There WERE black blocs in Genoa organized by REAL ANARCHISTS. One of my friends here in Washington was part of one. And

the black bloc is a tactic practiced by anarchists--it is in now way some kind of right wing formation.

The black bloc isn't doing the work of the police anymore that moderate groups are doing the work of the police when they were infiltrated.

Ridiculous!

Chuck0

------------------------------------------------------------ Personal homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/

AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)