Justice Dept. given license to terrorize

DoreneFC at aol.com DoreneFC at aol.com
Sun Nov 24 01:13:18 PST 2002

In a message dated 11/24/02 12:51:18 AM Pacific Standard Time, mpollak at panix.com writes:

> Officials say the ability of intelligence agents and prosecutors to
> interact more freely could prove critical in avoiding the confusion
> and missteps that dogged the high-profile investigations of Wen Ho Lee
> and Zacarias Moussaoui.

Last I read the Moussaoui prosecution is such a mess and the demand to produce witnesses for cross examination or face dismissal of charges so critical that the government is thinking of sending it to a military tribunal to salvage anything of a case. How would the latest court ruling make any difference about that?

> And this is our model? And the great thing about this new decision is
> that it will make more of this possible?

Not to go all Pollyanna on y'all but if they really NEEDED this decision in order to try everything they want, then SOMEONE somewhere has at least a TEENY iota of respect for the Rule or Law.... Not to say it will get much exercise now, but....

DoreneC -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20021124/6f099ad2/attachment.htm>