Lynne Stewart Was Re: Contact Information, Etc.

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 24 06:30:39 PST 2002

But maybe another informational point for networking: Arguably the Stewart prosecution is also about intimidating other lawyers who might have quite reasonable objection to the SAM's.

jks. Obviously that is the point. And to terrorize lawyers who might defend (in Strwart's case, she was appointed) accused or convicted terrorists.

Are the SAM's geting any play, particularly any resistance, in your areas?

jks. We (the Chicago NLG) have just held a conference on civil liberties and repression at which Stewart was a featured speaker. (also on the program was Clark Kissinger, who is kind of a laugh--some people objected because of the RCP's bad line on GLB liberation, but I think it's sort of strange to have a professed defender of the Cultural Revolution speak in defense of civil liberties). I couldn't go, but I'll post notice of how it whent when I hear pretty soon.

Btw, Nathan, thanks for the info, I was just just talking through my hat.

jks