Bad ideology, good organization

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Nov 25 10:07:49 PST 2002

Carrol Cox wrote:

> I doubt that this list represents a dependable sample of what is going
> on in localities, regions, and within the various quasi-coalitons and
> groupings that exist. But assuming for a minute that it does, it seems
> fairly certain to me that a displacement of WWP from "leadershi" in the
> embryonic mass movement has to take the form of unity/struggle _within_
> the ANSWER coalition. Attacks on it from the outside will, probably,
> only strengthen its grip by making it seem that WWP is the
> non-sectarian, its enemies the sectarian, force in the movement.

I'm not holding my breath about reforms happening from within the ANSWER coalition, but it is possible that some groups will pull out know that they've heard that the WWP runs the organization.

In the long run, I think all the other anti-war activism that is going on will eclipse ANSWER. This morning I've read about a spontaneous anti-war action in New Orleans and I've heard about plans being put together here in Washington by our new anti-capitalist anti-war group. Like I said before, the anti-war movement has pulled out of the station and Ramsey Clark is still back on the platform making his speech.

:-p

Chuck0

------------------------------------------------------------ Personal homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/

AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)