A Pig Returns to the Farm, Thumbing His Snout at Orwell

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Tue Nov 26 19:56:43 PST 2002

Todd:
>So basically he's calling Trotsky a crypto-capitalist or a capitalist stooge.

Yep.

Yoshie: Stalin had Trotsky murdered in Mexico, so he can't come back to the farm, but some of the surviving Trotskyists became pro-capitalists, the neo-cons with whom we are familiar. Snowball who returns may be thought of as a composite figure of neo-cons, former East European dissidents come pro-capitalists, the Chinese Communist Party after the market reform, former social democrats & Labourists come Third-Way promoters, Dems, etc., who together uphold the Empire. ------- Peter: Anyone see Frida yet? I tried but something came up. Yoshie, your analogy doesn't work. Along with Trosky, many left oppositionists and Troskyists were murdered by Stalin. Snowball doesn't come back. The descendants of Napoleon transformed into pro-capitalists.

At 6:03 AM -0500 11/26/02, Todd Archer wrote:
>>The woodland creatures, led by the beavers - read Islamic
>>fundamentalists - incensed at the destruction of their environment,
>>attack the twin windmills,
>
>As if this were the cause of 9-11.

Yoshie: The destruction of the natural environment was not a conscious motive of Islamic fundamentalists (at least they have yet to make it the center of their grievances), but if you think of the environment in a broader sense of the word, including social, political, economic, and cultural, the analogy makes sense. ---------- Not in my opinion. Al Qaeda wants a return of the Caliphate. It would be like the Taliban - no kites or music and women as chattel, not a homey beaver dam - or imagine if Pat Robertson or Jerry Falwell ran their own country.

Peter