sex league tables

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Nov 27 11:01:18 PST 2002

Doug Henwood wrote:

> New York Post - November 27, 2002
>
> 'SEXIEST' NATIONS
> By BILL HOFFMANN
>

> As far as one-night stands are concerned, 50 percent of those quizzed
> have had at least one. Men are also more likely than women to have a
> one-night fling - 54 percent compared to 42 percent.

In an NYRB review Richard Lewontin pointed out that this discrepancy needs to be accounted for. There followed an exchange between him and the book's authors (some U. of Chicago sociologists I believe). I don't recall the exact arguments on either side. In general, I remember, Lewontin doubted the "scientific" status of such surveys.

Carrol