Gore reveals what turned the press against him: postmodernism

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Wed Nov 27 11:24:09 PST 2002

Jks:
> He's doomed. Any politician who could even mention
> terms like "postmodernism" and "nihilism" in this
> context is so far out of touch one wonders how he got
> to be a Senator or a VP.

Definitely. Evidently, deer hunting, football, tax cuts, getting the gummin't off the back of the people, and looking folksy is what turns the "median voter" on. Reminds me of a commenty by a British journalist during the Dukakis/Bush presidential campaign: "Bush will win. His name is easier to spell."

Wojtek