sex league tables

Kelley jimmyjames at softhome.net
Wed Nov 27 11:29:54 PST 2002

At 02:06 PM 11/27/02 -0500, Doug Henwood wrote:
>Carrol Cox wrote:
>
>>In an NYRB review Richard Lewontin pointed out that this discrepancy
>>needs to be accounted for. There followed an exchange between him and
>>the book's authors (some U. of Chicago sociologists I believe). I don't
>>recall the exact arguments on either side. In general, I remember,
>>Lewontin doubted the "scientific" status of such surveys.
>
>This is especially unscientific - it's a web poll conducted by a condom
>company.
>
>Doug

Didn't you once say that the Statisticians have been testing these web polls and, because of the huge numbers, they aren't actually terribly bad or much different from the accuracy of typical 1000-1500 N surveys of random individuals?

Just curious.

Twice a week sound pretty typical based on all the other sex surveys.

Daily Driver