Bush Names Kissinger to Head 9/11 Probe

Reed Tryte dttdhmtp at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 27 18:24:38 PST 2002

Peter K. wrote:

> The Hitchens-Pollitt Papers

I like that Hitchens began with:

> You are too true to language to allow
> yourself any absolute misrepresentation of
> what I say. So I am going to attribute your small
> but consistent mistakes to your politics.

and then followed it up with:

> I have read... Noam Chomsky's repeated assertion
> that Al Qaeda at its worst is no better than
> American foreign policy on a good day.

When on earth has Noam Chomsky said this?

I find all the venom both from Hitchens and from his detractors to be very distasteful, so I don't want to seem to add to it. But am I the only person who finds Hitchens' writing and thinking to be extremely muddled? I can barely understand what he's talking about half the time. Not that muddled writing isn't common across the political spectrum, but as a writer Hitchens can't play in the same league as Orwell, who was extraordinarily lucid and precise.