The Mystery of Hitchens's Mind (was: Re: Bush Names Kissinger toHead 9/11 Probe)

Anthony Tothe yankee at webspan.net
Fri Nov 29 21:42:49 PST 2002

Yoshie,

Your point below is a good one. It is the institutional settings and perspectives that people internalize as their own or they're out on the street that is important. Not the individuals themselves.

The best definition of what an expert is that I ever heard was by Kissenger himself. This is from memory so this won't be exact, but good old Hank said something like this in describing what an expert is: One who is able to put forth the views of the powerful.

It was something like that...he was right..-Tony

----- Original Message ----- From: Yoshie Furuhashi <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Friday, November 29, 2002 2:19 PM Subject: Re: The Mystery of Hitchens's Mind (was: Re: Bush Names Kissinger toHead 9/11 Probe)

<http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/activist.html>