Caste in Itself, Caste and Class, or Caste in Class

billbartlett at dodo.com.au billbartlett at dodo.com.au
Sat Nov 30 21:13:05 PST 2002

This is somewhat hard to follow, since I can only guess at the intended meaning of words such as "invagination" and a lot of the nomenclature is also new to me. But I gather the gist of it is that the author is saying that "caste" refers to outmoded class relations, or sometimes entirely imaginary divisions concocted by the British?

You've been sending some very interesting stuff to the list lately Yoshie.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas

At 4:18 PM -0500 30/11/02, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

>Ramkrishna Mukherjee*, "Caste in Itself, Caste and Class, or Caste in Class," _Journal of World-Systems Reserach_ VI.2 (Summer/Fall 2000), pp. 332-339, <http://csf.colorado.edu/jwsr/archive/vol6/number2/pdf/jwsr-v6n2-mukherjee.pdf>

[...]