Samir Amin on Islam

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Sat Nov 30 19:31:22 PST 2002

> What Americans need to know is how Saudi elites and the Pakistani
> security establishment got into power, stay in power, and manage to
> finance Islamic fundamentalists elsewhere.
> --
> Yoshie

Why, Yoshie, you've been reading Stephen Schwartz?! That's o.k. A Trotskyist friend of mine, D.W. (I'll be coy, I'm sure you've seen his posts you know where) who became well acquainted w/ bad boy Schwartz when he was a heretical red-diaper baby Trotskyist [Schwartz converted to Sufi Islam in Bosnia, btw.] here in San Francisco, has been reading his new book (blurbed by Hitchens), "The Two Souls of Islam, " which has a major theme the Saudi elites financing of bin Ladenite terrorism. http://www.shianews.com/hi/articles/politics/0000140.php http://www.randomhouse.com/doubleday/display.pperl?isbn=0385506929 Michael Pugliese