lbo-talk-digest V1 #6775

Catherine Driscoll catherine.driscoll at adelaide.edu.au
Tue Oct 1 08:33:10 PDT 2002

Doug replies to Bill:

> >Come to think of it, that last electrician I called, promised to
> >come around last Saturday, AFL Grand Final day, HOW GULLIBLE CAN
> >I GET?
>
> Maybe the electrician got sick of working and went on the dole.
> Wouldn't that be inconvenient?

No that would be just silly. There's more effort these days and less money all round on the dole.

OK it's been a while for me, but the dole diary is a real turn off dole- bludging -- I mean, so many more minutes in Centrelink. I don't think I could do it. And all the middleclass teenage boys around me are preferring to fake tolerating their parents rather than have to go on the dole. That's horrible from either end.

This may mean that I have finally located an effective Howard policy, so I expect I better stop reading bad definitions of ideology, ego, and gender, and get some sleep. The world will surely be less hideous tomorrow.

Catherine