Oct. 6 & 26 Anti-War Actions

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Tue Oct 1 13:32:03 PDT 2002

Subject: Joint call by ANSWER and Not In Our Name for October 6 and 25 antiwar actions From: "Fred Feldman" <ffeldman at bellatlantic.net> Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 15:43:58 -0400

Joint message from the A.N.S.W.E.R. Coalition (Act Now to Stop War & End Racism) and Not In Our Name Project on support for October 6 mass events and October 26 National March to Stop the War on Iraq.

In the spirit of building the unity of anti-war forces, the A.N.S.W.E.R. Coalition and Not In Our Name Project have issued the following joint statement--

We urge all those who oppose George Bush's planned war against Iraq to actively mobilize for:

1. The October 6 mass protests against the U.S. government's war on the world, detentions and roundups of immigrants, and attacks on civil liberties, in Central Park, NYC; San Francisco; Los Angeles and other cities. For more information about how you can help build the October 6 demonstrations, go to http://www.notinourname.net.

2. The October 26 National March to Stop the War Against Iraq in Washington, DC and San Francisco. March organizers anticipate that hundreds of thousands will take to the streets in Washington, DC, San Francisco and many other countries that day. For more information on how you can help build the October 26 National Demonstration go to http://www.internationalanswer.org. -- Yoshie