Gender and Reproduction

billbartlett at dodo.com.au billbartlett at dodo.com.au
Wed Oct 2 14:58:34 PDT 2002

JBrown72073 at cs.com wrote:

>To me there's a problem, based in biology, with a just division of labor
>around child-bearing and -rearing for which I think there need to be certain
>compensations worked out, mostly involving men adding a lot of domestic labor
>to their to-do list.

You aren't thinking big enough Jenny, we could re-configure the biology. Why the hell not - genetically engineer the species to give men a womb? Never mind the washing up girl, make the old man carry the foetus around.

As you can see, us blokes will do damn near anything to get out of the washing up. ;-) Don't suppose that is news to you though.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas